Claremont Running Team
The Competitive Edge
(To Register for Practices, go to Practices & Events in the Menu above)
Please insure Youth Runners arrive to practices a few minutes early so that practices can start on time. Likewise, please make sure minor children are picked up immediately after Practices & Events. Coaches and Parent Volunteers have been generous with their time and have their own responsibilities. Please be fair.
During the shorter Winter days, practices will be held M, T, W, and Th from 4:00 pm to 5:00pm. Starting with daylight savings time, practices will be 5:00pm to 6:00 pm. Practices may be cancelled due to inclement weather. On bad weather days, please check this website. Notices of changes or cancellations will be on the Home Page, under Important Notices and Reminders, one hour in advance. No practices are held on holidays or race days.
Drop-off and Pick-up
For the safety and protection of all Youth Runners, the following procedures are to be strictly adhered to by Parents/Guardians and Youth Participants:
The CRT Drop-off and Pick-up Authorization Form, should be filled out, printed, scanned and emailed to ChildSafety@ClaremontRunning.org. Parents/Guardians may select the practice days of their choosing for their Youth Runners. However, CRT reserves the right to establish fines or cancel Enrollment or Registrations due to unaccompanied Youth Runners, chronically late Youth Runners, and for those left without pick-up arrangements at the end of practices or other events.
- For children grade 4 or under, a Parent/Guardian is to accompany their child during practices and other Practices & Events, including pick-up and drop-off.
- For Youth grade 5 or older, parents/guardians are not required to be present during practices (but may be required to be present at specified events). They are to drop off and pick up their own children.
- For all Youth, if an adult other than the parent/guardian, will accompany the child or drop-off or pick-up the child, they must notify and receive acknowledgment from a Parent Volunteer or the CRT Coach or Asst. Coach at the time of drop-off, and their written preauthorization is required using the CRT Drop-off and Pick-up Authorization Form.
- Children grade 5 or older may walk/bike home from practices (during daylight), provided the youth’s parent/guardian has provided preauthorization s required using the CRT Drop-off and Pick-up Authorization Form. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to keep information updated for Enrollment, Drop-Off/Pick-Up, and authorization for a child to walk/bike home.
- Valid identification may be requested of adults picking up children not their own.
- A parent/guardian should never request a child be picked up by someone unknown to the child.
- Failure to adhere to these child safety procedures may result in fines or termination of enrollment.
Reminders: Not all Claremont Parks have restroom facilities. Chaparral Park being one that does not. Please take that into consideration prior to arrival at practices.
Youth Runners must bring their own water bottles, water/sports drink, shoes, sweats, and other running gear. Sunscreen is recommended for sunny days. CRT does not allow team members or Parent Volunteers having contact with children to use bicycles, skateboards, baby joggers, roller skates or roller blades, animals, and personal music players during or at team activities. Always report injuries and do not run sick or injured.
We recommend that parents bring a sports/folding chair as many practice locations don't have seating facilities.
We welcome parents exercising while their children participate in CRT practices. Fitness is contagious! However, in order to comply with safety and insurance requirements, Parent Volunteers may only run with Youth Runners (including their children), if they have passed USATF's background screening, SafeSport's online course, and attained USATF's educational component as a certified coach. Parent Volunteers running with children must comply with any instructions given by CRT's Coaches.
Claremont Running Team is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization