Events and Divisions
Recommended running events include 100M, 400M, and 400 x 100M relays. The meet will start at 0800 and be on a rolling schedule until done. The organizers state that their meet typically ends at 4-5 pm depending on number of entries and weather. Once your child has completed his/her events, you may leave at your convenience.
The events are by division, based on gender based and age as of the the end of this year, 12/31/19. Age divisions are 8&U , 9/10, 11/12, 13/14, 15/16, 17/18. The event will be held rain or shine.
Claremont Running Team will charge you nothing to participate. Parents will pay the charge/cost of the events by buying tickets at the event. Cash only. Events cost $2, or $8 for a relay (four runners). There is no charge for spectators. Parking is $5.00.
Runner Name and Team Name will be requested. USATF numbers are helpful, but not required.
How the Events Will be Run
Working through each event for every division is expected to take an hour or longer. There is no official start time. Rather the races are run consecutively in order to maximize use of the track. The times below are ONLY estimates.
- The first event is the 1500 Meter run, starting at 8:00 am. It is ESTIMATED that this event will take an hour or longer to work through the all the divisions. If your runner will be in the 1500M, please plan to arrive about 7:00 am.
- If your runner will be in the 100M event, please arrive before 8:00 am based on ESTIMATE. It is expected to take about an hour to work through the event.
- If your runner will be in the 4 x 100M event, please arrive before 9:00 am, based on ESTIMATE.
- If your runner will be in the 400M event, please arrive before 10:00 am based on ESTIMATE.
Younger age divisions will run first. Ages 7/8 and 9/10 will be near the start of the event and older ages follow consecutively. Runners must run in their own age/gender division. There is no running “up” in a higher age division.
Remember that these times are only estimates and not promises. If the events go faster, then an arrival time that is cut too close could result in missing a race. If the events go slower, then there may be waiting.
- Runners should allow at least 15 minutes to be at the track, find teammates, figure things out, warm up, and be ready for their event to be called.
- Races will be called approximately 30 minutes prior to race time. Runners will be brought to the staging areas by meet organizers.
- Nearby parking may be an issue for those arriving significantly later (meet starts at 8:00 am). Viewing in the stands may also be harder to come by. Consider bringing a chair.
- The meet organizer told me that she has heard from over 30 Southern California teams who will be present. Some of them are large teams. This means the event will be crowded and that it will take time for all the divisions (age/gender) to complete each event.
- Parents must provide their child's transportation and always be present at the the event. No drop-offs! Always keep an eye on your own child.
- Please have your runners wear their Claremont Running Team t-shirt.
- Bring your runners's USATF membership number. If you have forgotten it, it can be found under your runners' CRT account. If you don't have a number, please contact the CRT president.
For full published information, including the Order of Events, please click Chino Pumas Meet.